Invalid SSL certificate for bugify.com / Update to version 1.8.5 fails hard

yves.luther

22 Nov, 2016 10:10 AM

Dear Bugify Support,

I have a bad feeling about the actual state of Bugify and its development. It starts with an out-of-date SSL certificate on Bugify.com (see screenshot certificate-error.png) and proceeds with the update for version 1.8.5 (see screenshot 1.8.5-update.png) which results in a massive error wave (see screenshot error-after-update.png) once I’ve updated our version 1.6.1136 with it.

Could you please have a loot into the error messages and give me an update on the state of Bugify?

Many thanks in advance, Yves

1. 1 Posted by richr410 on 04 Dec, 2016 04:02 PM

developer must have seen your posting. I see theres a new cert for bugify.com

2. 2 Posted by yves.luther on 12 Dec, 2016 03:12 PM

Hi @richr410,

thanks for the hint. Now there's only one of two left.

3. 3 Posted by richr410 on 12 Dec, 2016 08:36 PM

Hi Yves,

well I tried poking the Predict HQ people to get them to get the developer Robert to make some kind of "future statement" on Bugify on the Bugify websites.
    (Predict HQ is the new project Robert has been working on.)

Their response was quite disconcerting - which pretty much amounted to "stop bothering us".

So, i think its a done deal - Bugify is dead.
    Users can continue to use the product - but it would have to be self supported and forum supported. And theyll probably need to comment out the licensing checks.

I have already written a number of new features into this code - so were not going to dump it. My users like the ease of use and the simple interface. To make it ready for PHP 7 - it looks like only 1 code fix needs to be done (which is on this forum); though I have not thoroughly tested.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• certificate-error.png 95 KB
  • 1.8.5-update.png 161 KB
  • error-after-update.png 2.12 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac