Errors after Ubuntu update.

tim

02 Oct, 2014 02:56 PM

We let Ubuntu (14.04) update itself because we thought it important to get the Bash fixes. After this at the next Bugufy login I got a 500 error because "MySQL had gone away during the query". The system seemed to recover and I was able to use it, but a backup of the MySQL database then failed. The MySQL error log mentioned corruption and that a reboot might help: and indeed it did, since I was able to log back in with no errors, and complete a full backup of our Bugify database. I thought everything was fixed.

Today, however, we are back to getting a 500 on login, with MySQL errors 2006 and 2013 as before. But the MySQL errors make no mention of our Bugify database. Bugify is now asking me to update to the beta release I updated to a couple of weeks ago when I click 'start over'. Is anything likely to have been updated by Ubuntu to make it incompatible with Bugify? Maybe it is time to restore the whole VM from a backup before the bugify update.

1. 1 Posted by Robert Kern on 02 Oct, 2014 06:09 PM

Hi Tim,

We use the latest Ubuntu 14.04 (always with the latest Ubuntu updates) for
    both production and dev and haven't come across any issues like that. The
    latest version of Bugify has support for PHP 5.6 but I think the beta
    version you had already installed also included support for PHP 5.6.

Usually those sorts of errors mean one of the tables in MySQL are corrupt.
    I would recommend running repair table on all the Bugify tables and see if
    that fixes it http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/repair-table.html

Thanks,

Robert

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac