Suggestion to resolve a problem with filters resetting each other

tim

28 Sep, 2014 05:50 PM

I would love to see an explicit button to clear filters, so that they could be changed to never arbitrarily reset themeselves. The status filter is currently too keen to revert to not showing closed items, and seems to do so whenever you change the number of items viewed. And the number of items selector changes back to 20 every time you change the filter, which is a real pain. In consequence it is extremely hard to review a continuous sequence of closed issues, because if you change from 20 to 100 the filter changes not to show closed, and if you then change the filter to show closed, the count goes back to 20. When I set a filter, I expect it to stay set until I want to set another filter! Why would anyone want to reset the filters when the number viewed changes, or vice-versa?

1. 1 Posted by Robert Kern on 02 Oct, 2014 06:28 PM

Hi Tim,

This is very good feedback thanks. I'll be looking into this.

Robert

2. 2 Posted by Ross on 12 Oct, 2014 06:27 PM

How do you remove old filters, that have been deleted, from the Issues menu? Alternatively, how do you get a new filter to appear in the Issues menu?

3. 3 Posted by Robert Kern on 12 Oct, 2014 06:35 PM

Hi Ross,

To get new filters shown in the Issues menu, go into the filter, then click
    the star icon to favorite the filter and it will show up in the Issues
    menu.
    Are you seeing old filters in the Issues menu even after deleting them? I
    will look into this.

Thanks,

Robert

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac