Bizare !! My support.bugify account was gone

richr

08 Dec, 2017 03:40 PM

Weird....
something happened to my account here on this support website.

it was blocked or deleted or something - couldn't log in and all my postings were gone.
maybe accidently, maybe intentional done - I don't know.

means that all the questions and answers to other users here are gone.

1. 1 Posted by richr on 08 Dec, 2017 04:08 PM

more...
    and seems any and all discussion surrounding the new 1.9 version is gone
    as well as all the new discussions concerning lack of support from new developer is gone.

2. 2 Posted by tim on 08 Dec, 2017 04:17 PM

At least some of your postings are available at the Wayback Machine, of course. I still seem to have a login, and some of my postings not in your threads still exist. I might still continue with Bugify if it was resurrected with good support at a reasonable price. But what appears to be censoring of certain support postings is not a good sign. Far better to respond positively and start promoting the product.

3. 3 Posted by richr on 08 Dec, 2017 06:05 PM

yeah -- interesting.

you know - i re-read the "Terms" on this software and it says:

5) Upgrades, Updates and Fixes: Licensor may provide Licensee, from time to time, with Updates or Fixes, as detailed herein and according to his sole discretion. Licensee hereby warrants to keep The Software up-to-date and install all relevant updates and fixes, and may, at his sole discretion, purchase upgrades, according to the rates set by Licensor. Licensor may provide any update or fix free of charge; however, nothing in this Agreement shall require Licensor to provide Updates or Fixes.

6) Support: The Software is provided under an AS-IS basis and without any support, updates or maintenance, unless explicitly stated. Nothing in this Agreement shall require Licensor to provide Licensee with support or fixes to any bug, failure, mis-performance or other defect in The Software. However, the Licensee may request support for a fee.

Basically -- they dont have to provide us any support or updates -- even though their webpages say otherwise - according to these Terms we "sign" by clicking the check-box

4. 4 Posted by Sebastian on 12 Dec, 2017 06:19 AM

my posts are gone too.

Sadly, we'll have to go looking for a different Bug/Ticket System. Does anybody have suggestions for a selfhosted solution?

Kind regards,

Sebastian

5. 5 Posted by tim on 12 Dec, 2017 11:23 AM

I quite liked the look of webissues.mimec.org, and downloaded it a couple of months ago. But I have had nowhere near enough time to install it and try it. Still a Bugify user!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac