What is the operative difference between Resolved and Closed?

rlaurb

08 May, 2017 11:08 PM

If I enter a new issue and then update it to Resolved (with, of course, an explanation of what changed), the issue is marked (in the issue record) as Resolved, but is otherwise treated by the system as Closed. That is, there does not appear to be sufficient distinction between the Resolved and Closed states.

I would like to use Resolved to indicate that the issue has been dealt with in internal builds (and tests), but reserve the Closed state for bugs that were resolved in a Milestone that was actually released to customers. This seems to be more difficult to do than it should be.

Am I simply missing something (entirely possible!) or is this an area that could be improved?

1. 1 Posted by rlaurb on 17 Jun, 2017 05:26 AM

I understand your argument, but my issue is that Bugify treats them as pretty much equivalent, in that they disappear from lists. Now I know that I can create a filter to find the resolved issues, but closing them must be done one at a time and is extremely awkward.

It would make my workflow smoother if there were a technique to select a group of issues from my “Resolved Issues” filter and mark them all as Closed in a single operation (with a single common comment), such as “Verified and released in Build nnnn”)

However, I haven’t yet found any way to treat the result-list of a filter in this way. Maybe I’m just too much of a newbie at this point, but if there is support for operating on a group of issues in this way (a “batch” mode), I don’t know what it is. Suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Rick Aurbach

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac