"1 year of free software updates" but 0 updates

jdenx

03 Oct, 2016 09:29 AM

Hi,

Please let us know if Bugify is still maintained.
If not, would you consider to release it as a free tool ?

Regards

1. 1 Posted by Niels on 03 Nov, 2016 09:52 AM

+1. I'd like to know whats up with this project. It seems like it's dead. Is there an update in the works?

I don't mind if the update is taking long, but please provide some insight. Reacting to a legit question with: "it's not been a year yet", doesn't really help much.

2. 2 Posted by Niels on 07 Nov, 2016 01:07 PM

Well, I guess that's something. Even though I respect his situation, I hope this silence won't last much longer. I don't feel very good about my purchase. The problem also gets bigger every time someone buys this product.

3. 3 Posted by Frank on 07 Nov, 2016 08:57 PM

It costs $70. Which I think is a steal even without updates.

4. 4 Posted by Niels on 08 Nov, 2016 09:16 AM

I agree that the price is nice. However, that's not my point.

The website explicitly says you get a year of free updates for a year, so I expect to get at least one update in that time. The year hasn't completely gone by, but I doubt we'll get an update before that. It doesn't really matter what the price is: if you promise something to people who are paying for your product, they expect to get that.

On top of that: we've (the company I work for) bought this software because it integrates with Bitbucket (all of our repositories are hosted there). However, that feature is broken, so I rewrote code in Bugify to make that work. Now, I'm not saying that is unacceptable: I understand that API's change, and software has to catch up. However, I created a forum topic explaining what the problem was and included a solution. 8 Months later: still no response, and no update.

I think it's not unreasonable to at least expect a reply on a support request, and the ticket includes a solution to the bug itself. Especially not if I've payed $70,-, which includes 1 year of support, and have put in effort to help the developer.

All I'm saying is: it would be nice if something would happen. Open-source it, create a crucial bugfix update, make it PHP7 ready, whatever. Come up with a plan. Just waiting and doing nothing is not helping.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac