Inline images on issues are not displaying

halfstring

06 May, 2015 06:43 PM

When attaching images to issues, they're not displaying inline or as a thumbnail. I've tried dragging into the comments box and it only adds to the attachment list on the right side panel. This is on the latest version 1.6.1136 of Bugify.

Reopened from this thread: http://support.bugify.com/discussions/general-questions/2395-inline-image-uploading

1. 1 Posted by Robert Kern on 06 Jun, 2015 10:09 PM

Hi there,

If you write a comment and drag and attachment to the comment box then it will show inline with the comment.

Image thumbnails should still show in the sidebar too though. Perhaps it wasn't able to detect the mimetype for some reason (it doesn't check the extension so being .jpg doesn't make it an image - it has to load the image and check the mimetype).

Was this a once-off, or is it happening for all images? If it's happening for all images, it might be because the function "finfo_open" is missing: http://php.net/manual/en/function.finfo-file.php (Bugify cannot check the mimetype without that function).

Thanks,

Robert

2. 2 Posted by Lars Faye on 29 Apr, 2016 06:18 PM

Hey Robert,

My colleague posted this for me when we were starting to use Bugify. I've since transitioned to a new host and have some more info:

1) Image previews in sidebar work fine

2) Dragging/dropping an image to the editor just uploads the image

3) If I do that and click save, I get a white screen. When I return, the image isn't in the comment but it is on the sidebar.

4) If I delete an image from the sidebar, I get a white screen again. But when I reload the ticket, the image is indeed gone

Any ideas of where I can start to look?

3. 3 Posted by Lars Faye on 29 Apr, 2016 06:21 PM

Actually, now I am getting a white screen no matter how I add an attachment.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• bugify-img-attachment.jpg 157 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac